- To conduct Client Due Diligence on Wholesale Banking clients
- This will require working with Relationship Managers to understand the client, assess the client's Anti-Money Laundering Risk, gather documentation from publicly available sources, liaise with clients to gather documentation, liaise with other departments and produce high quality CDDs
- Effective AML risk assessment, good time management, attention to detail and good interpersonal skills will be integral to the role.
- Candidates will become acquainted with many facets of Standard Chartered Bank and banking in general as they will be dealing with all types of clients and interacting with a number of different functional areas. This role will also allow individuals to network themselves in the organization.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To provide Relationship Managers with insights into clients' AML risk and develop an understanding of Industry sector, client information and other relevant factors that could impact the Bank's AML risk.
- Liaise Relationship Managers, Operational Risk and Compliance functions
- Maintain CDD at the highest level of quality to protect the Bank from regulatory risk which could result into financial and reputational damage.
- Enhance the customer experience by ensuring that CDD is customer centric and of a high quality
- Use SCB systems to record, renew and maintain records of CDDs for clients
- Ensure there are no overdue CDDs.
- To continuously monitor the applicability and suitability of the CDD processes, systems and underlying policies to ensure that these are efficient, fit-for-purpose and provide effective controls.
- Act as the CDD specialist team in country, advise and provide expertise to the OCC community around all CDD matters
- Assist in disseminating CDD-related training and communications to the OCC community and to implement new policies, processes or systems which relate to the CDD model.
Qualifications and Skills
- Quality client acquisition & franchise building
- Maximizing Revenue (including RoRWA)
- Nil Provisioning
- Cross Sell from one-bank perspective
- Quality of calling including ideating deals originated
- Quality of portfolio including Credit and other hygiene factors.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.